Monday, August 27, 2007

Archive



(From June 30, 2006)
Hello! I hope you’re all having an amazing summer! Mine is going quite well. I guess a lot has happened since the last time I wrote. I have been to England, found out that my brother and his wife are having a baby girl, played a few camps, and celebrated my 24 birthday, which was a blast! For the big “two-four,” my best friend, Justin Allen and I took a little road trip down to Tampa and visited some old friends that I grew up with in Jacksonville. It was great to take three days and do nothing but eat, sleep, and lay beside a pool.Many of you will remember Josh Lyons from Eyes East. He is currently a worship pastor in Tampa, and allowed us to crash his apartment for several days. Somehow, he ended up sleeping on the couch, even though he was the one who had to get up and go to work the next day! (Sorry Josh) Anyhow, we had a great time. England was fun as well. I got to meet so many new people and experience so many cool things. We went to Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abby, Stonehenge and much more. The tour took us all over the place and we saw just about every part of the country.



We ended the tour by performing for a wedding. It was amazing! The wedding was held in the countryside about two hours south of London in an old Cathedral church built in the fourteenth century. From there, we went to sing for the reception, and it was held in a castle! It was beautiful! The people were so kind and welcoming, and the history of England alone is a phenomenon in itself. From there, I came home, and began going from summer camp to summer camp almost immediately. We’ve had fun leading worship for student groups in Panama City Beach, Ocala, and Atlanta. We’ve seen God do many things, and can’t wait for the summer camps that are ahead! Until next time…

Much Love,
Jason

No comments: