Monday, August 27, 2007

Archive


(From February 20, 2006)
Hey everybody, hope you're all doing well out there! Just wanted to write a quick note since it’s been a while since I've done so. I hope you're all enjoying 2006. I'm currently enjoying life without school! Never again will I have to figure out the square root of 574 or find the value for x in ab+yx-z=q. Lately, I've been doing quite a bit of song writing. As many of you know, I wrote the song Summer Days on my last CD which is somewhat folk/country flavored. Well... I've been continually writing country music alongside Christian music and just recorded demos last week. Now with this information, I must tell you who I had the absolute privilege to work with!!! Well actually, there were two people. First, the guy who played drums on the session was Will Denton. You may ask, “Who is he?” well.... he’s been Steven Curtis Chapmans drummer for 10 years, and originally being a drummer myself, and a die-hard SCC fan... I have followed everything he’s done! He was such a nice guy and so down to earth! Also, the producer/engineer of the session was non other than Bill Cuomo. Once again... you’re like - WHO IS HE??? Well... I asked the same thing until I walked into his house and saw platinum albums hanging everywhere!



If you’re under 25 you probably don’t know the song, but he toured and wrote with Steve Perry and the band JOURNEY. (His most memorable hit was “Oh Sherry”) Of course, he’s since worked with Kim Carnes, Faith Hill, Barbara Streisand, Don Henley, and the list goes on and on! It was really cool to work under someone with such knowledge and experience. Anyhow, maybe somewhere down the road you’ll get to hear some of the tunes we cut. This past weekend, I went to Florida to be apart of Josh Reavis’s wedding (former drummer for Eyes East). It was a great weekend getting to see everyone again, and the wedding was beautiful. We wish Josh and Sarah best of luck!!! I hope you all are having a great week!

Much Love,
Jason

No comments: